Everything is Changing




Introduction

        As you look around you, everything is changing. The person that you are now is not the same as the person you were 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago. The life around you changes too; births, deaths, graduations, weddings, retirements, etc.
        As much as you’d like things to stay just as they are, we have to admit that it won’t be the same. Whether we want to accept it or not, things change; some for the better, others for the worse.


The Changes in My Life

        There have been many changes in my personal life; moving to Arizona, getting married, having children, watching them grow before your eyes. But there have also been changes that I wasn’t expecting: Divorce, hatred by a child, moving to a trailer park (my choice, though), and the death of both of my parents.

        Although my parents passed in their 80s, it’s just hard to imagine a life without them. I know that I didn’t visit often; being on the other side of the country, but I took solace in that they were still there living in the same house that I grew up in. Now that is just a memory.

        Within the local congregation I’ve seen new members arrive, others move away, and still others passing away. One of the hardest deaths is that of our local preacher as I was one of his students in a weekly bible study for almost 16 years!


       The most surprising change of my life, to date is the arrival of my first grandson this past Monday (March 25, 2019). I won’t go into the details but I just don’t feel ready to be a grandfather. I certainly don’t look the part, seemingly young, but that might be an advantage to him as I would be around for a while…Lord Willing (Jas. 4:14).


Bible Examples of Life-Changing Events

        There have been many examples in scripture of Life-Changing Events. Sin being introduced into the world (Gen. 3), when the Israelites were made slaves in Egypt (Ex. 1:8-13), when the Israelites were carried off into captivity in Babylon (Jer. 39:1-5), when the church was established on Pentecost (Acts 2).

        Obviously, there are a lot more changes than this, but it gives you the idea that changes in peoples’ lives have existed since the Garden of Eden; some good, some bad, and other completely unexpected.


One Constant among all Changes

        As was stated earlier, changes happen whether we want them to or not; whether we’re ready for them or not. However, amidst all of these changes in life, there remains one thing that doesn’t change; never has, and never will: God and His Word (Heb. 13:8; Rev. 1:4).

        Since the bible was finished and assembled as one book, it has been a constant through the centuries. Translations change but the truth is still within its pages. And with assistance from others, one can learn how to become a Christian (Acts 8:30-38).

        It’s the same “formula” used today as it was in the first century. There is no need to change God’s pattern for salvation. He established it, thereby, there is nothing Man can do or say that can improve upon it.



Conclusion

        Col. 1:23 reads, “if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven…” Keeping your life firmly planted in the truth of the gospel will help you weather any change that comes your way; good or bad.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There are No Material Possessions

Who Wrote the Bible?

The Death of Marriage