Introduction Several years ago, I attempted to talk to a co-worker about the bible and he wasn’t interested. I was trying to tell him it was written by God; even though he had several human writers. His comment to me was, “Are you trying to tell me that God whispered in the ears of these men of what to write?” At the time, I didn’t have an answer. But it does make one pause and ask the question, who did write the bible? We’ll look at some possibilities below. Potential Authors AN UNBELIEVER—How ironic would it be if the scriptures were, in fact, written by an Atheist? He would show how foolish it is to waste time worshipping someone, or something, that doesn’t exist. For sure, he would discuss the worship of idols like in Isa. 44:8-19; how one would spend all this time worshipping an inanimate object, hoping to be rewarded. But it isn’t written by an Atheist as they wouldn’t include verses like Psalms 14:1, The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." ...
You might recall, late last year, I did a series on miracles. Today's bible article features the discussion of miracles; particularly snake-handling as referenced in Mk. 15:20. You can read the article by clicking HERE .
Introduction Humans learn by example; repeat what they hear and copy what they see. That’s why it’s important for parents to set the standard for their children by being a good example so that when they copy what they see and repeat what they hear, we’ll know that we’ve done well to mold them as future adults. However, not all parents leave a good example. They want what’s best for their children; even to give them better than what they, as children, had. Yet, they fall into a routine and not give heed to what is said and done around their own children. Two Examples I’ve Observed When I worked in a grocery store several years ago, I witnessed the aftermath of a child; around 8-years-old, attempt to steal a magazine. The mother was profusely apologizing to the manager that he was only 8 and didn’t know what he was doing. I was thinking, ‘Really? He wouldn’t know what stealing was unless he saw someone else do it.’ Then again, I could have been wrong. An...
Comments
Post a Comment