Introduction Several years ago, I attempted to talk to a co-worker about the bible and he wasn’t interested. I was trying to tell him it was written by God; even though he had several human writers. His comment to me was, “Are you trying to tell me that God whispered in the ears of these men of what to write?” At the time, I didn’t have an answer. But it does make one pause and ask the question, who did write the bible? We’ll look at some possibilities below. Potential Authors AN UNBELIEVER—How ironic would it be if the scriptures were, in fact, written by an Atheist? He would show how foolish it is to waste time worshipping someone, or something, that doesn’t exist. For sure, he would discuss the worship of idols like in Isa. 44:8-19; how one would spend all this time worshipping an inanimate object, hoping to be rewarded. But it isn’t written by an Atheist as they wouldn’t include verses like Psalms 14:1, The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." ...
Introduction Years ago, a comedian once made the statement: “Beauty is only skin deep; but ugly goes clean to the bone.” Oftentimes, we allow certain people to make the decision as to what is beautiful and what is considered ugly. The problem though is that these people see only beauty in 10% of life. They say, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that, I believe, is very true. Everyone has their own opinion as to what is considered beautiful. In this article we’ll look at what truly considered ugly. Unapproved Picture The other day I posted a picture of a friend on social media. It was a candid shot of her eating something and I put a humorous comment to go with it. Well, when she saw the photo, she freaked out and asked me to take it down as it made her look ugly. I took it down, as requested, and told her that I thought it made it look adorable. I also said that people are only ugly when they want to be. Being one who struggles with self-esteem ...
(From 2008) Forty days after Jesus’ resurrection and just prior to His ascension, the disciples inquired of the kingdom (Acts 1: 6). Jesus replied that it wasn’t time to reveal such a thing but that they would know when they received power from the Holy Spirit (vs. 7-8). He added that they would be his witnesses starting in Jerusalem and going through the whole world. Then Jesus ascended into heaven (vs. 9). In the next two verses something interesting occurs: “10. And while they were looking stedfastly into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11. who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into heaven? this Jesus, who was received up from you into heaven shall so come in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven.” (Acts 1: 10-11) These two men in white are presumed to be angels although the text doesn’t say so. ...
Comments
Post a Comment